- Nikon D3000
- 18-55mm kit lens
- 55-200mm zoom lens
- Monopod
- Tripod
- LowePro Fastpack 100
That's more or less it. Of course, I have a wish list for things I would like to add, especially as I try out and learn new photographic techniques.
Some of the things I'd like to have:
- Cokin Neutral Density filter kits
- 5omm prime lens
- A longer zoom lens
- External Flash
- External Flash trigger (I really want to get into off camera flash and try some one light pics)
- Some California Sunbounces (or similar)
I'm sure there are other things I could want, but I don't want to go overboard and generally try to keep things simple. Also, I see no need to go into debt for this stuff, especially since it is not my full time job. I take to heart what Zack Arias talks about when he discusses what he uses and how he got where he is, and I truly respect what he says (and if you haven't seen his work, you should check it out... click here for Zack Arias' website). Zack's biggest take away-- DO NOT GO IN TO DEBT FOR YOUR GEAR. Make do with what you have until you can afford what you want. This also forces you to learn how to use what you have. And I know that I still have a lot to learn about how to properly use my camera and lenses to the best of my ability.
No comments:
Post a Comment