Thursday, September 17, 2015

Going home again

This week I had an opportunity to visit home again. I grew up in a small town in NC. If you have time and a camera, there are some very picturesque spots. Downtown has that small town feel with some more "hip" businesses (coffee shop, wine bar, restaurants, etc.). It has changed a lot since I moved away almost 20 years ago.

I took some time during lunch the other day to take a brief stroll down main street and took a few pictures. Perhaps one of the most photographed and picturesque things from downtown Sylva is the Jackson County Court House.
Historic Jackson County Court House
The court house sits atop a hill on Main Street. From the top, you can get a very nice view of downtown Sylva. It has been a few years now and the old courthouse has been refurbished into the home for the public library.

Once the library moved, the Sylva Police renovated the old public library space and moved in. I would have to say the new space is certainly much larger than where they were located previously.

Looking down the main street, many things have changed since I lived here. Traffic patterns have been updated, sidewalks modified, light poles "updated" to reflect a modern historic look and feel, etc. A lot of changes.

Looking downtown.

Another courthouse view.

The updated Sylva Police Station. Formerly
Jackson County Public Library.


No comments:

Post a Comment